The new 2017 Maruti Dzire is just about to hit the market. In its latest version, India’s so far the most popular sedan looks much much better, has a lot more features and is more spacious as well. Well now lets talk about it’s rivals. The Ford Aspire is one of the best compact sedans out there in the market. The question is, how does the new Dzire compare with the Ford Aspire. Let’s find out in our new 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire comparison here.
- 1 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire
- 1.1 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Price
- 1.2 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Specifications
- 1.3 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Mileage
- 1.4 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Features
- 1.5 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Design
- 1.6 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Dimensions
- 1.7 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Verdict
- 1.8 New 2017 Maruti Dzire Video
- 1.9 Ford Aspire Video
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Price
The Dzire could get costlier by at least Rs 30,000-40,000 with the launch of the new model. It is estimated that the prices of the new model Dzire would fall in the Rs. 5.50-9.00 lakh range. The Figo Aspire in comparison is currently priced at Rs. 5.45-8.29 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Even though the top end Aspire variants could be cheaper when compared to the Dzire, one has to keep in mind that the new Dzire will have more features in comparison.
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Specifications
|New 2017 Maruti Dzire||Ford Aspire|
|Engine Type/ Displacement||1.2 L Petrol, 1.3 L Diesel||1.2 L Petrol/1.5 L Petrol, 1.5 L Diesel|
|Power||83 bhp, 74 bhp||87 bhp/110 bhp, 99 bhp|
|Torque||115 Nm, 190 Nm||112 Nm/136 Nm, 215 Nm|
|Transmission (Gearbox)||5-speed manual/5-speed AMT, 5-speed manual/5-speed AMT||5-speed manual/6-speed AT, 5-speed manual|
|Mileage(claimed)||22 KMPL, 28.4 KMPL||18.16 KMPL/17 KMPL, 25.83 KMPL|
Talking about specifications, the petrol variants of both the cars are almost equally matched, at least on papers. That said, the Ford Aspire is also available with a much more powerful 1.5 L petrol that comes with a 6-speed dual clutch automatic transmission. The Ford’s 1.5 L diesel engine powering the Aspire is much better than the Fiat’s 1.3 L diesel engine that powers the Dzire in terms of power and torque. Even when it comes to performance, it is much better. While both the diesel and petrol versions of the Dzire will get an optional 5-speed AMT, Ford offers the automatic option of the Aspire only on it’s petrol variant.
Also Read- Ford Aspire Sports Edition Launching Soon
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Mileage
|New 2017 Maruti Dzire||Ford Aspire|
|Diesel||28.4 KMPL||25.83 KMPL|
|Petrol||22 KMPL||18.16 KMPL/17 KMPL|
The new 2017 Dzire is lighter than it’s outgoing model. Hence it would offer a better mileage, which means that claimed fuel efficiency figures of the Dzire would be better than that of the Aspire.
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Features
The new Dzire has got a long list of features. The features are even comparable to that of the Ciaz. In comparison, the Aspire misses out on some key features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, LED Projector headlamps, LED DRLs, keyless entry as well as a push button start. That said, the top end variants of the Dzire with all these features will be more expensive than the Aspire’s top end trims. Additionally, the Aspire is the only car in its segment which offers up to 6 airbags.
|Air Conditioner Type||Automatic Climate Control||Automatic Climate Control|
|Power Windows||Yes (4)||Yes (4)|
|Central Locking||Keyless entry and go||Remote Key|
|Steering Audio Controls||Yes||Yes|
|Audio System||7 inch Touchscreen||2 DIN Audio|
|Airbags||2||2 or 6|
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Design
The new Maruti Dzire gets an all new look. As mentioned in one of our previous post, the front end resembles that of the upcoming Swift. However, Maruti has done a great job by setting them apart. The overall design of the Dzire is much more proportional than that of the outgoing model, which makes the new Dzire look a lot more like a perfect sedan. The primary highlights include a chrome polygonal grille up front, LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, tail lamps with LED detailing and 15 inch dual tone alloys. Coming over to the Aspire, its design and styling is very admirable. The Aspire is undoubtedly one of the better-looking compact sedans on sale in India right now. The nose of the Aspire is quite easily one of the most admirable bits of the Aspire.
Even when it comes to the interiors, the Dzire bears an all new design. One gets a very sporty new flat bottom steering wheel along with a centrally mounted 7 inch touchscreen. The Dzire is also more spacious now and offers a larger rear legroom and a bigger boot. The Aspire is not far behind and features a smart looking dashboard. Though it may not come with a touchscreen yet, the Titanium variant gets a very attractive smartphone dock.
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Dimensions
|Length||3995 mm||3995 mm|
|Width||1735 mm||1695 mm|
|Height||1515 mm||1525 mm|
|Wheelbase||Info not available||2491 mm|
|Ground Clearance||Info not available||174 mm|
|Boot Space||357 litres||359 litres|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||Info not available||42 litres|
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Ford Aspire Comparison- Verdict
Talking about the diesel optios, the Aspire has some strong points in multiple areas such as ride and handling, performance, design. Whereas, the Dzire has always been a very popular product in the Indian market. The new generation Dzire is better in almost every aspect.
- Price – The entry level variants of the Dzire could cost almost the same as that of the Aspire’s. However, it’s top end variants will be costlier primarily due to a longer list of features.
- Specifications – The Aspire’s 1.5 L diesel is much better than the 1.3 L unit the Dzire has in terms of performance. However both, the Dzire petrol and the Dzire diesel get variants with an automatic transmission. While in the Aspire, the only variant with an auto box comes with a 1.5 L petrol with a 6-speed DCT.
- Features – Maruti Dzire has more features than the Ford Aspire. However, the Aspire gets more points when it comes to safety.
- Design – The new Dzire certainly looks better than earlier and has got a premium touch to it. As mentioned earlier, the Aspire is one of the best looking compact sedans on sale right now. The Dzire will certainly give the Aspire a tough fight.
New 2017 Maruti Dzire Video
Ford Aspire Video
Also Read- Top 5 Sedans Under Rs 10 Lakh
Hope you found this article helpful and informative. Keep visiting indiaautoz.in for more such comparisons. Do leave your views and your questions in the comments section below.