The new 2017 Maruti Dzire is a more modern car than the one it replaces. The Dzire now offers a longer list of features, a fresh design and better fuel efficiency. Its competitors have a reason to worry as the new Dzire looks all set to repeat the success story of its predecessors. Hyundai has already given an update to the Xcent. However the Honda Amaze which had received a facelift last year would have to compete with its current model. This brings up a question. Would the Amaze be able to give a tough competition to the Dzire? In this post we will compare the new 2017 Maruti Dzire with the Honda Amaze. So here goes the 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze comparison.
- 1 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze Comparison
- 1.1 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze Comparison- Price
- 1.2 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze Comparison- Specifications
- 1.3 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze Comparison- Mileage
- 1.4 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze Comparison- Dimensions
- 1.5 New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze Comparison- Verdict
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze Comparison
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze Comparison- Price
|2017 Maruti Dzire||Honda Amaze|
|Ex-showroom Price||Rs 5.45 Lakh to Rs 9.41 Lakh||Rs. 5.6-8.53 lakh|
Despite the Maruti Dzire being a more modern car, it still is cheaper than the Honda Amaze. Even if compared spec to spec, the Amaze is costlier than the Dzire by upto Rs. 50,000. Below is a more detailed Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze price comparison.
|LXi||Rs. 5.45 lakh||E||Rs. 5.6 lakh|
|VXi||Rs. 6.29 lakh||E Opt||Rs. 5.72 lakh|
|ZXi||Rs. 7.05 lakh||S||Rs. 6.00 lakh|
|ZXi+||Rs. 7.94 lakh||S Opt||Rs. 6.50 lakh|
|VXi AMT||Rs. 6.76 lakh||SX||Rs. 7.11 lakh|
|ZXi AMT||Rs. 7.52 lakh||VX||Rs. 7.50 lakh|
|ZXi+ AMT||Rs. 8.41 lakh||S AT||Rs. 7.50 lakh|
|S Opt AT||Rs. 7.62 lakh|
|VX AT||Rs. 8.50 lakh|
|LDi||Rs. 6.45 lakh||E||Rs. 6.75 lakh|
|VDi||Rs. 7.29 lakh||E Opt||Rs. 6.87 lakh|
|ZDi||Rs. 8.05 lakh||S||Rs. 7.63 lakh|
|ZDi+||Rs. 8.94 lakh||S Opt||Rs. 7.75 lakh|
|VDi AMT||Rs. 7.76 lakh||SX||Rs. 8.15 lakh|
|ZDi AMT||Rs. 8.52 lakh||VX||Rs. 8.53 lakh|
|ZDi+ AMT||Rs. 9.41 lakh|
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze Comparison- Specifications
|New 2017 Maruti Dzire||Honda Amaze|
|Engine Type/ Displacement||1.2 L Petrol, 1.3 L Diesel||1.2 L Petrol, 1.5 L Diesel|
|Power||83 bhp, 74 bhp||87 bhp, 99 bhp|
|Torque||115 Nm, 190 Nm||109 Nm, 200 Nm|
|Transmission (Gearbox)||5-speed manual/5-speed AMT, 5-speed manual/5-speed AMT||5-speed manual/CVT, 5-speed manual|
|Mileage(claimed)||22 KMPL, 28.4 KMPL||17.8 KMPL/18 KMPL, 25.8 KMPL|
The petrol variants of new Dzire and the Amaze are almost equally matched, at least on papers. Though, a major difference is that the Amaze petrol offers an optional CVT, the new Dzire comes with an AMT for both its petrol and Diesel engine variants. Coming to the Diesel variants, Honda’s 1.5 iDTEC Diesel engine for the Amaze is far more superior than the Dzire’s Fiat-sourced 1.3 Multijet on paper. However, when it comes to on road performance, the Honda unit offers high NVH levels, poor refinement and a rather dull performance. This means that the Dzire Diesel is much better than the Amaze Diesel. Above all this, the Dzire Diesel also offers an optional AMT.
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze Comparison- Mileage
|New 2017 Maruti Dzire||Honda Amaze|
|Diesel||28.4 KMPL||25.8 KMPL|
|Petrol||22 KMPL||18 KMPL|
The new Dzire is lighter and hence returns a higher mileage than the Amaze. The new Dzire is in fact the most fuel efficient car on sale in India currently.
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze Comparison- Dimensions
|Length||3995 mm||3990 mm|
|Width||1735 mm||1680 mm|
|Height||1515 mm||1505 mm|
|Wheelbase||2450 mm||2405 mm|
|Ground Clearance||163 mm||165 mm|
|Boot Space||378 L||400 L|
|Fuel tank Capacity||37 L||35 L|
|Kerb Weight||Petrol – 860-895 KG|
Diesel – 955-990 KG
|Petrol – 955 KG
Diesel – 1065 KG
As evident from the table above, the new Dzire is longer as well as wider than the Amaze. The Dzire also has a bigger boot and a bigger fuel tank.
New 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze Comparison- Verdict
- Price – Despite its fresh looks, better fuel efficiency and additional features, the Dzire is cheaper than the Amaze. So, the Dzire is a clear winner in this aspect.
- Specifications –As mentioned earlier, the petrol models are evenly matched at least on papers. However, the Dzire could have a slight advantage when it comes to on road performance. Additioally, despite higher power Dzire also offers a higher mileage. Hence here as well, the Dzire is a clear winner
- Features – Dzire offers much more features than the Amaze. So, again the Dzire is ahead of the Amaze.
- Design – Design is a matter of personal taste. The Amaze does not look bad a car, however the Dzire carries a fresher design which is comparatively more attractive than that of the Amaze.
Hope you liked our new 2017 Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze comparison. Do let us know your views and questions in the comments section below. Stay tuned to India Autoz or more such comparisons. Also read our other comparisons of the Dzire from the links mentioned in this article.