The Volkswagen Tiguan is finally here! While we have already come up with a detailed comparison of the Volkswagen Tiguan with the Toyota Fortuner and the Jeep Compass, here in this post, we will compare it with the Ford Endeavour. It is true that the Volkswagen Tiguan and the Ford Endeavour won’t be direct rivals. However there is a price overlap between these two models . So lets have a comparison between the Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour.
- 1 Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour Comparison
- 1.1 Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour Comparison- Price
- 1.2 Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour Comparison- Specifications
- 1.3 Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour Comparison- Mileage
- 1.4 Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour Comparison- Dimensions
- 1.5 Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour Comparison- Verdict
Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour Comparison
The new Endeavour is a hot favorite among buyers. It is a world-class product and is miles ahead if compared with the last-generation model. It is on sale at a really competitive price, has a long list of features, a premium cabin and comes with powerful engines. As said earlier, while the Endeavour is not a direct rival to the Volkswagen Tiguan, there is a price overlap between some variants of the two models. Hence there should be a comparison.
Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour Comparison- Price
|Volkswagen Tiguan Price||Rs 27.98 Lakh to Rs 31.38 Lakh (Ex-showroom)|
|Ford Endeavour Price||Rs 25.49 Lakh to Rs 31.5 Lakh (Ex-showroom)|
While the Endeavour is a mid-size premium SUV, the Tiguan is more of a crossover. However, due to a price overlap, the two end up in a duel.
Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour Comparison- Specifications
|Specifications||Volkswagen Tiguan||Ford Endeavour|
|Engine||2.0-litre TDI Diesel||2.2 L Diesel/3.2 L Diesel|
|Max Power||141 BHP||158 BHP/197 BHP|
|Peak Torque||340 Nm||385 Nm/470 Nm|
|Transmission||7-speed DSG Automatic||6 Speed Manual & 6 Speed Automatic/6 Speed Manual & 6 Speed Automatic|
The Volkswagen Tiguan comes with a 2.0 L Turbo Diesel engine which pumps out 143 BHP of power and 340 Nm of torque. A 7-speed DSG automatic transmission comes as standard. In comparison, the Endeavour comes with engine options of a 2.2 L Turbo Diesel and 3.2 L Turbo Diesel. Though the Endeavour, at least on paper, enjoys a definite power advantage, real world performance should be similar though. This is primarily due to the lower kerb weight and the superb DSG transmission of the Tiguan.
Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour Comparison- Mileage
|Mileage||Volkswagen Tiguan||Ford Endeavour|
|ARAI Tested||17.06 KMPL||2.2 4×2 AT 12.62 KMPL
2.2 4×4 MT 13.5 KMPL
32. 4×4 AT 10.92 KMPL
Thanks to the comparatively lower kerb weight, smaller engines and an efficient transmission the Tiguan offers a higher average mileage as compared to that of the Endeavour.
Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour Comparison- Dimensions
|Dimensions||Volkswagen Tiguan||Ford Endeavour|
|Length||4,486 mm||4,893 mm|
|Width||1,839 mm||1,862 mm|
|Wheelbase||2,677 mm||2,850 mm|
|Ground Clearance||149 mm||225 mm|
As evident from the table above, the Endeavour is really huge if compared with the Tiguan. Quite obviously , the Volkswagen Tiguan is also smaller on the inside. While the Tiguan is a 5 seater vehicle, the Endeavour offers 7 seats. Lastly, due to the high ground clearance of 225 mm, the Endeavour has a huge advantage over the Tiguan and has a really high road presence.
Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour Comparison- Verdict
- Price: The price of the Volkswagen Tiguan fall in the same price bracket as the Endeavour. This implies that for almost the same price, the Tiguan offers a smaller cabin and lesser street presence. However, it should be noted that the Tiguan offers a world-class engine and transmission combination with its German build quality.
- Specifications: The Endeavour comes with comparitively bigger engines. That said, due to a lower kerb weigt and the DSG automatic transmission, their is not much of a performance difference in the two SUVs.
- Mileage: The Tiguan has an advantage here, thanks to its engineering and lower kerb weight.
- Dimensions: When it comes to dimensions, the Ford Endeavour is a much larger vehicle.
- Design: Design is a matter of personal taste. While the Endeavour looks really big and has a high road presence, the Volkswagen Tiguan looks quite sporty, with its crossover-ish look.
VERDICT: We have earlier mentioned that the Volkswagen Tiguan and the Ford Endeavour are not direct rivals. They are poles apart in most fronts. While the Tiguan is not far behind when it comes to performance and cabin comfort, the Endeavour offers much more spacious cabin and more seats. The Tiguan also offers more mileage than the Endeavour. Both the SUVs offer a long list of features. When it comes to pricing, these two cost almost the same amount of money. Ford Endeavour has an advantage here as it has much more to offer for the same amount of money. However, the Tiguan is a great buy for those who don’t require their SUVs to be very huge on the outside and are fine with having 5 seats.
Stay tuned to India Autoz (indiaautoz.in) for more comparisons like the new 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Endeavour. Do leave your views in the comments section below.